Wednesday, January 23, 2013

23. Electric


























8th period, every day.


Today marked the first day of the new semester, a new crop of piano kiddos, and the start of another Music Appreciation class.  One of the projects we're doing is an ongoing "Song Challenge."  You may have seen it on Facebook before, and can view our take on it here.  But, since I'm giving my kids almost daily homework, I figured it was only fair to do it myself as well.  So, Day 1's prompt was "your favorite song."



Sara Bareilles' "Uncharted" has been at the top of my playlists since it came out.  My favorite line is "Compare where you are to where you want to be and you'll get nowhere."  And she's right - you have to actually go out and make life happen, not just sit around and wait for something to happen to you.

No comments: